Friday, July 24, 2009

Are We There Yet?




All of us have felt impatient about something or other during the course of life. For many of us it was that long cross-country road trip with the family. For others it was graduating from high school or college. Some of us are still in the midst of the wait.

How man of us, if we are honest, have had that attitude towards our walk with God? We get so frustrated at ourselves that our spiritual walk isn't where we want it to be.

You are not alone. Even Paul struggled with not being where he wanted to in his spiritual walk. In Romans 7:18-19 he says "And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. "

Look at your spiritual walk as a journey. A journey takes time. It is not like Star Trek where we can say "Beam me up Scotty" and be where we want to be when we want to be there. It is a journey and takes time.

No comments: