Tuesday, March 9, 2010

On the Waiting Road


Recently, Ryan and I have learned the hard way what it means to wait. Waiting on God is becoming easier and easier. I have to admit, I feel like a child. Wanting something so bad it is all I focus on. I can't eat, sleep, or do any other thing without thinking about what I want.

I am reminded of the commercial on TV for J. G. Wentworth. "It's my money and I need it now!" It seems that society today is teaching us that it is our right to get what we want and when we want it. That we are entitled to it. This is so directly against what God's Word teaches.

My new verse that I have stuck on my mirror in the bathroom is Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." How hard waiting seems to be for us, specifically my generation and younger.

Waiting... it is the most challenging command to follow. Love your enemies is nothing compared to the waiting.

Blessings from the Wrights as we are currently in a wait and see period in our lives...

No comments: