Monday, June 2, 2008

Disobedience

I recently found StevenFurtick.com, a blog from a guy who is 110% working for God's glory. I clicked through some links and found myself at the podcasts for Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. So today at work I listened through some 3 or 4 different services. Almost every one of them God did something to my heart while sitting at work processing PLX and RCX Files; however, one specific sermon caught my attention. It was a sermon by guest speaker Clayton King. Clayton King has always seemed to amaze me with his testimony. I love hearing him preach because of how uncomfortable I feel and how convicted I seem to become. God used him today to chip away at me.

One specific quote though has stuck with me.

“Why do we always have to pray about doing stuff the scripture already tells us to do. Why don’t we just plan to obey and if God doesn’t want us to go, God is more than sovereign enough to close the door before we get there. You ever think about that theology. Why are we wasting time praying about stuff. If you have to pray about something you know God has already called you to do, then your prayer is actually an act of disobedience.” – Clayton King

I mean, imagine how many times God has wanted to give us something and do something great through us and we spend so much time praying about it that God doesn't bless us through allowing us to be used. With me, I've said I was taking a leap of faith recently when all I was doing was sitting and praying about it and making plans rather than just stepping out and doing what I felt God calling me to do. I sent this quote to Ryan today and He felt compelled to quit his paying jobs and go straight into a ministry without promise of a paycheck, etc. We feel the call for him to go into full-time ministry, but the opportunities have yet to come full circle.

Lord, My God, forgive me for the worry when you are in control of it all! Forgive me for not doing when I spent my time planning and strategizing. Sometimes my administrative spiritual gift gets in the way of me going where God has called.

No comments: